Run Cycle

Yey, this was fun! Gee!

It was helpful my husband was watching college football all day on TV. Seeing all those players running around got my brain working, also the crowd cheering helped too. I was pretending they were cheering for my little character, that put me in a good mood.

I did 12 drawings total for this instead of 10. I was looking at a run cycle in the animators survival kit and I forgot that i only had to do 10 drawings for 24 FPS for this assignment, maybe this is a happy accident? ;D

I think the counts are just different, like when people dance to or play music we count in 8’s  1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8; 2-2-3-4-5-6-7-8; 3-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 etc.

Some musicians like to insert or recognize the “AND” which is like a half beat or breath between measures:

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 AND 2-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 AND 3-2-3-4-5-6-7-8, etc.

I’ve had choreographers come up with dances that incorporate the “AND” as a signal for a strong movement in a dance, which proves to be tricky to pull off but makes for more dynamic movement to music. As a dancer I have a love/hate relationship for those tricky “AND”s.

So I’m guessing it added a little extra half beat or so to the run cycle … am I right? I’ve been looking at this all afternoon/evening so I’ll just look at it again in the AM. If I find anything wrong with it I’ll fix and repost before class on Wednesday.

Eh well here it is anyhoo: