Rough storyboard idea

So this idea is to a piece of music by the band TOOL. It's kinda old, it's called Disgustipated off of their album Undertow. It tells a story about a carrot harvest on a farm, which is ultimately reflecting on the cycle of life.

This is the song on Youtube - but it's placed with clips from the movie "City of Lost Children" (Which is an awesome movie BTW) but it's best minimize your browser and just listen to it because these visuals are distracting.

Now I dunno how I'm going to convince TOOL to let me use their song but the visuals for it just floated into my head when it came on my car stereo. I think it illustrates what they were trying to say very well in a funny dementedly cute cartoon way. Maybe they will think it is super awesome idea and will let me do it.

The main character is a dog biased on my dog Wolfy, who died last Christmas, she lived at my parents house in Kilauea Kauai. She had lived a long life, but I was of course sad I didn't get to say goodbye.

When I drew these storyboards I had Wolfy and my bunny Shadow in mind as models. The dog talks to the "Angel" who is actually the moon and clouds talking.

When I went home for labor day weekend I realized Wolfy is buried in the pretty part of the yard where she can see the moon rise. I think that's Wolfy's way of telling me to animate this story...

This is the story outline: Dog has dream, that he's lifted up on high, an angel shows the dog the Carrots are crying because harvest day is their holocaust. The dog wakes up and preaches to the nearby sheep saying the Carrots have a soul too! The bunnies pop up out of the forest and start feasting on the carrots. A light comes on in the farmhouse, the shadow of the farmer looms in a doorframe with a raised rifle. He shoots at the bunnies repeatedly. The dog sneaks up on the farmer... as he raises his rifle to kill one more bunny, and attacks him. We pan out into the quiet night sky...

Opening shot pans down:

Necessary-opening shot Necessary-1 Necessary-2 Necessary-3 Necessary-4 Necessary-5Necessary-6